Grow Wild which aims to transform communal spaces by sowing and growing UK native plants has announced that local voluntary, community, parish and town councils, youth groups, health authorities, health boards, prisons and secondary schools; etc. can apply for grants of between £2,000 and £4,000 to create a “Grow Wild Community Site.
Grow Wild projects can include an unloved area that organisations want to reclaim for their local community or perhaps somewhere that’s a bit neglected or run-down and applicants want to turn it into an inspiring space for everyone.
Projects should work with one or more of the following group:
- Young people aged 12-18
- Students and young people aged 18-25
- People living in urban areas
- People experiencing disadvantage and reduced access to services
- Adults that are less engaged with their community
- Environmental activities.
The closing date for applications is midday on the 15th January 2018.