The next deadline for applications to the Stanley Smith Horticultural Trust is the 15th February 2018.
Through the Trust, grants are available to projects of significance to horticulture (or botany with a strong horticultural content) and education for horticulture. The types of activities that can be funded include:
- Gardeners’ training schemes run by appropriate organisations
- Restoring gardens of historic interest
- Developing new gardens for public access and enjoyment
- Exhibitions, book publications, research and educational programmes relating to horticulture
- Expeditions to collect and protect plants of scientific and horticultural value
- Study-visits by horticulturists or botanists with strong horticultural links.