In the Spring of 2017, the Government has allocated £40 million for pilot projects aimed at helping adults progress into employment or enter new occupations through re-skilling or up-skilling.
As part of this initiative, the £10 million Flexible Learning Fund has now been launched. The Fund will provide grant support to projects that develop methods of delivering learning that are flexible and easy to access for adults who are in work, or returning to work, with either low or intermediate level skills. For successful project proposals, a maximum of £1m in grant funding is available.
Funding may be awarded for two different types of costs:
- Development costs – to support the design and development phase of the project
- Delivery costs to contribute to the additional costs that non- standard forms of delivery accrue, over and above the core costs of delivering the provision in the standard way.
The funding is available to:
- Further Education Colleges
- Independent Training Providers
- Adult and Community Learning Providers
- Higher Education Institutions
- Provider and employer representative bodies
- Third sector education organisations
The deadline for submitting proposals is midnight on 31st January 2018.