Grants and interest free loans are available to small registered charities for housing projects that cater for people with special needs. This can include:
- People with mental & physical health problems
- Learning difficulties
- People who would otherwise be homeless
- Women escaping domestic violence; etc.
The grants and loans available as one-off funding for capital items and include:
- Buying, building, converting, renovating or refurbishing property
- Expanding an existing housing project
- Making a housing project ‘greener’
- Smaller practical things which turn a house into a home.
Previous projects supported include:
Hope into Action, Bilston: which received support for turning a property into a home for three people who are, or are at risk of being, homeless, and are in need of support.
The Bridgnorth Housing Trust, Bridgnorth, which received support towards building 22 new almshouses, to increase the number of homes they have to offer.
The next closing date for applications is the 20th October 2017.