Creative England and Nominet Trust have launched a new funding round through the iAMDigital Fund.
This is a £1million fund which invests in new ventures and established organisations working to increase digital inclusion and digital skills in England, outside of London. The aim of the programme is to address the shortage a shortage of workers with the correct digital skills and to promote digital inclusion amongst those who are most marginalised. To be eligible the applicant organisation must:
- Have a social mission and be able to demonstrate its social impact
- Have growth potential, scalability and an innovative approach
- Create or safeguard jobs as a result of the funding
- Support the growth of creative industries
- Be an SME (start up, early stage or established).
The fund is offering interest-free loans or equity investments ranging from £50,000 to £200,000.
These investments will be matched 50% by the applicant company; for example, an investment request of £50,000 must be matched by £50,000 additional private funding.
The closing date for applications is the 31st July 2017.