Neighbourhood Planning Grants of up to £9,000 are available to groups wishing to produce Neighbourhood Plans.
Neighbourhood planning is a right for communities introduced through the Localism Act 2011 and enables communities to influence future developments in their area. This could include new housing projects, shops and where offices are built. Examples of what the grants can be used for include:
- Developing a website
- Training sessions for members of the steering group
- Help with putting together a project plan
- Undertaking a household survey
- Help with developing the evidence base
- Engaging a planning expert
- Venue hire, publicity materials, printing and other costs associated with consultation; etc.
- Groups with complex issues such as Neighbourhood Forums
- Clusters of Parishes
- High Growth areas
- Deprived areas
- Business led neighbourhood plans. Neighbourhoods with populations of over 25,000 can apply for an additional grant of £6,000 in order to complete their plans.
Applications can be submitted at any time up to the 31st December 2017.