Businesses can apply for a share of up to £12 million to develop innovative ideas that will help to detect, manage and treat disease.
The Biomedical Catalyst will support innovative healthcare technologies and processes that could help to prevent disease or better manage and treat chronic health conditions. The funding can be used to support a range of projects, including:
- Stratified healthcare (both therapy and diagnostic components)
- Advanced therapies (cell and gene therapy)
- Digital health
- Enabling medical technologies and devices.
Projects must be:
- Led by an SME either working alone or with others
- Range in size from £250,000 to £4 million
- Last between 12 and 36 months.
A briefing event for potential applicants takes place on 4th April 2017 and the deadline for application registration is midday on 31st May 2017.