Comic Relief, together with local Community Foundations have announced that the Community Cash Fund has re-opened for applications.
Grants of between £500 and £1,000 are available for community groups across the UK with an income of under £100,000 for projects that make a positive impact in their communities. Priority will be given to applicants that are:
- New to Comic Relief and/or Community Foundation funding
- In areas of high deprivation; in geographically underfunded areas
- With lived experience, where people directly affected by the issues are involved in all levels of the organisation
- With innovative approaches, to respond to clearly defined need
- Those demonstrating effective practice, with evidence that the methodology being used will be successful.
The type of activities that could be supported through the Community Cash Fund include (this is an example but not a definitive list):
- Counselling and advice services
- Disability sports clubs/activities
- Training, skill building and volunteering projects
- Community groups and set up costs for new groups
- Support groups
The applications deadlines are different for each of the local Community Foundation.
For more information, click on the link below and then select the Community Foundation for your area.