The Department for Education is making grants of between £500 and £1,000 are available to help with the costs of setting up a childminder business or agency in England.
The funding is available to applicants that:
- Are registered with Ofsted or a childminder agency
- Have an early years registration certificate
- Are going to offer the 30 hours of childcare entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds.
The level of funding depends on the type of business being set up:
- £500 is available to individuals setting up as an early years childminder
- £1,000 for setting up as an early years childminder agency
- £1,000 for early years childminders for disabled children.
This scheme will run until March 2018.