The Institute of Physics has announced that the next closing date for applications is the 1st May 2017. UK schools and colleges can apply for grants of up to £600 from the Institute of Physics for small-scale projects or events linked to the teaching or promotion of physics. Particularly encouraged are projects linked to astronomy, space and particle physics. Activities supported by the grant can include:
- Running a science week activity
- Organising a visit to or from a working physicist
- Supply cover
- Marketing and publicity
- Materials/resources; etc.
Previous projects to receive funding include:
- Ampleforth College for a Visit to Jodrell Bank Radio Observatory.
- St John’s High School for a Practical Rocketry workshop to design a water propelled rocket.
The next closing date for applications is the 1st May 2017.