Local organisations and projects that support disabled children and their families have the opportunity to apply for funding through the True Colours Trust.
Grants of up to £10,000 are usually available for one-off purposes, to help smaller organisations develop and deliver programmes for children, their siblings and families. The Trustees are particularly keen to award grants for:
- Hydrotherapy pools
- Multi sensory rooms
- Mini buses
- Young carers projects
- Sibling projects
- Bereavement support.
The True Colour Trust also makes grants of up to £5,000 for improving access to affordable palliative care in sub-Saharan Africa. Trustees favour support for items which directly improve the patient experience and the standard of palliative care services.
Priority is given to:
- Equipment for patients
- Palliative care for children and young people
- Palliative care medicines
- Capital improvement costs
- Increasing access to palliative care in rural areas
- Training courses for palliative care service providers held in Africa.
Applications can be submitted at any time.