The Vegetarian Society is making small grants available to help support National Vegetarian Week community activities and events. Most grants awarded will be up to £200, but the Society will accept applications for larger amounts where the applicant can demonstrate that their activity will have a bigger impact. The grants are available to:
- Not for profit organisations in the UK (e.g. community groups, schools, social housing schemes, youth clubs, Cubs, Brownies, Scouts or Guides)
- Vegetarian groups, local network groups and student vegetarian and vegan societies
- Informal groups of friends, parents or students.
Activities need to:
- Take place during National Vegetarian Week (16 to 22 May 2016) and celebrate and promote vegetarianism
- Have to be exclusively vegetarian (so no non-vegetarian food or drink)
- Must promote National Vegetarian Week exclusively as the primary purpose of the funded activity and fit in the theme “celebrate your food, stories and traditions.
The deadline for applications is 9am on the 9th May 2016.