Charities working with disadvantaged young people aged 13 or below can apply for funding of up to £5,000 from the Toy Trust.
Founded by the British Toy and Hobby Association, the Toy Trust- the industry’s charity- exists to raise money predominantly from the toy industry, its suppliers and friends; and distribute the money raised to charities helping disadvantaged and disabled children within the UK and abroad.
Funding is available towards projects that:
- Help disadvantaged children and their families to alleviate suffering
- Support children through awful experiences
- Encourage achievement through adversity
- Purchase vital equipment; provide care
- Bolster existing initiatives; initiate brand new projects
- Satisfy basic needs.
To be eligible the charity accounts must have unrestricted net assets of not more than £200,000 or of less than one year’s income.
Applications can be submitted at any time.